Places to visit further afield
- Loch Lomond 28 miles from Bridge of Allan. Boat trips and
boat hire at Balmaha or visit Drumkinnon Tower at Loch Lomond Shores visitor
centre, Balloch. On the same trip you may see the salmon leaping at Gartness or
visit the Glengoyne distillery near Dumgoyne.
- Culross Palace and Village Beautifully preserved 16th
Century village owned by National Trust for Scotland. Visit the Palace built in
1597 by Sir George Bruce, Town House and Abbey.
- Crannog near Kenmore, Loch Tay. Reconstruction of an Iron
Age House built on wooden stilts in the Loch. Presentation on Iron Age life and
the opportunity to make fire and drill stones with Iron Age implements.
- The Hill House at Helensburgh Designed by Charles Rennie
Mackintosh for the Glasgow publisher Blackie. Owned by National Trust for
- Glasgow and Edinburgh are both about 45 minutes
away by road or there are frequent trains from Bridge of Allan Station. There
are many things to see and do in both cities for example
- Edinburgh Castle, The Royal Mile, Holyrood
Palace, Dynamic Earth Exhibition Edinburgh Festival, Royal Yacht Britannia.
- Glasgow Burrell Collection , St Mungo Cathedral,
Glasgow School of Art and Willow Tea Rooms (Charles Rennie Mackintosh), Art
Gallery & Museum Kelvingrove, Tenement House, The Barras covered market.